Monday, April 25, 2011

... God's secret as revealed through KALOOB ministry ... (life coach, counselor, psychotherapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, philippines)

.
KALOOB Ministry is a worship team committed to the use of indigenous music and dances in Christian worship. The team, in fact, is taught and coached by the Philippine tribal elders themselves.
.
In 1994, KALOOB was organized by Pastor Ed Lapiz of Day By Day Christian Ministries. KALOOB is not against Western forms of worship. Under the creative leadership of Randy Concepcion, the group simply wants Filipino Christians to have a deeper appreciation of their own God-given cultural heritage.
.
The work "kaloob" means "gift." KALOOB dedicates all their musical and dance numbers as a gift to God, hence, they consider each performance as a sacred "prayformance."
.

It's must be this nationalistic streak in me. Ever since I learned about the KALOOB ministry, I became their instant and ardent fan.
.
Truth is, whenever I see KALOOB perform their tribal music and dances, I am amazed at how God has abundantly blessed the Philippines with rich and beautiful indigenous cultures. Our Spanish colonizers may have looked down on the lowly Filipino "indio," but KALOOB makes me proud of being one. Because we are so culturally gifted, KALOOB makes me believe that God is secretly Filipino at heart!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment