the crew of gma tv show “mel and joey,” led by segment producer Jordan, wanted to know the pros and cons of cybersex. cybersex is the online exchange of sexual messages through email, chat, or iphone by 2 or more people, frequently while viewing each other on cam, and the sexual exchange ending in sexual release via masturbation.
the pros of cybersex:
- it carries no risk of pregnancy or sexually-transmitted disease, unless of course they “seb” up or engage in “sexual eyeballing,” which means for them to actually meet in person to engage in sex.
- through cybersex, people can engage in illicit or extra-marital affairs more discreetly through the net, especially if the computer used isn’t shared with others.
- and for couples in long-distance relationships, cybersex is the closest they can get to having sex with each other. in this case, cybersex is better than having no sex at all.
the cons of cybersex:
- cybersex can become a sexual addiction.
- cybersex can become the only form of sexual behaviour enjoyed, such that cybersex is preferred over actual sexual intercourse.
- cybersex is commonly engaged in as a form of infidelity.
- people on the net don’t always present their real identities. for instance, a guy may engaged in cybersex with another guy who presents himself as a woman. or a middle-aged pedophile may present himself as a teenager to the unsuspecting young female he’s having cybersex with.
- and of course, cybersex carries the risk of embarrassment or humiliation from getting caught.