Can't believe it but guess what!
I found myself listed on www.mytopdozen.com/Best_Psychologists.html as one of the most popular clinical psychologists in the news. The website is a "ranking list aggregator," and the ranking is based on the number of occurrences in web pages, news, pictures and people votes.
I was kind of surprised that there wasn't any other clinical psychologist listed from the Philippines or from Asia. I was even more surprised to find myself listed among the legendary greats in the field of psychology. Here is the complete list:
- Michael White (family therapist; founder of narrative therapy)
- William James (medical doctor; psychologist; philosopher; father of American psychology)
- David Lewis (neuropsychologist; father of "neuro-marketing")
- John R. Anderson (cognitive psychologist; developer of act-r theory of the mind)
- Donald T. Campbell (experimental psychologist and methodologist; founder of evolutionary epistemology)
- Daniel O. David (created the first school of rational-emotive therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy in Romania)
- Randy Dellosa (yours truly)
- Viktor Frankl (neurologist; psychiatrist; holocaust survivor; founder of logotherapy)
- Erich Fromm (social psychologist; psychoanalyst; author; explored interaction between psychology and society)
- Edwin Hutchins (cognitive psychologist; father of modern cognitive ethnography)
- Mary Cover Jones (research psychologist; mother of behavior therapy; pioneer in the field of developmental psychology)
- Elizabeth Loftus (psychologist; expert on human memory; extensive researcher on false memories)
Of course, if popularity becomes a means for me to reach out to more people suffering from emotional pain, then that would serve my mission in life very well.