Wednesday, July 22, 2009

... List of best psychologists ... (philippines, life coach, counselor, psychotherapist, psychologist, psychiatrist)


Can't believe it but guess what!

I found myself listed on www.mytopdozen.com/Best_Psychologists.html as one of the most popular clinical psychologists in the news. The website is a "ranking list aggregator," and the ranking is based on the number of occurrences in web pages, news, pictures and people votes.

I was kind of surprised that there wasn't any other clinical psychologist listed from the Philippines or from Asia. I was even more surprised to find myself listed among the legendary greats in the field of psychology. Here is the complete list:

  1. Michael White (family therapist; founder of narrative therapy)

  2. William James (medical doctor; psychologist; philosopher; father of American psychology)

  3. David Lewis (neuropsychologist; father of "neuro-marketing")

  4. John R. Anderson (cognitive psychologist; developer of act-r theory of the mind)

  5. Donald T. Campbell (experimental psychologist and methodologist; founder of evolutionary epistemology)

  6. Daniel O. David (created the first school of rational-emotive therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy in Romania)

  7. Randy Dellosa (yours truly)

  8. Viktor Frankl (neurologist; psychiatrist; holocaust survivor; founder of logotherapy)

  9. Erich Fromm (social psychologist; psychoanalyst; author; explored interaction between psychology and society)

  10. Edwin Hutchins (cognitive psychologist; father of modern cognitive ethnography)

  11. Mary Cover Jones (research psychologist; mother of behavior therapy; pioneer in the field of developmental psychology)

  12. Elizabeth Loftus (psychologist; expert on human memory; extensive researcher on false memories)
Well, truth be told, I would rather be known as a wise and compassionate person than as a popular psychologist.

Of course, if popularity becomes a means for me to reach out to more people suffering from emotional pain, then that would serve my mission in life very well.

14 comments:

  1. good morning sir yung lola ko po iba na asal nya tska madami po syang mga nakikita na hindi nmin nakikita dami nya pong imagination na kung anu anu,, tsaka nag aasal bata po sya thanks please help us po thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help... I am deeply depressed. Gusto ko po sna magpatherapy. I dont know how? Pakiramdam ko po nasisira na buhay ko po dahil sa sitwasyon ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any Idea on How much ang consultation ni Dr. Randy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Day sir! I really need your help Sir Randy Dellosa. Nagpunta lang ako dito sa Manila para humanap ng Christian Counselor / Psychiatrist sir. Will you extend your help at me? Pls. I have a problem of my identity sir. And my school would not readmit me there in Cebu without the approval of my Christian Counselor/Psychiatrist. Pls Sir, I beg you.:-( If you have not enough time for me, to have our counseling session, pls. find or recommend other person you know well para po ako makabalik ng aking pag'aaral sa seminary. Gusto ko pong tapusin ang aking pag'aaral as being a Pastor/Christian Teacher Sir. If you receive this message sir, I'm humbly ask you a favor to call me with this cellphone number sir: 09254972495. God Bless and More Power from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is noticeably big money to know about this. I suppose you’ve made specific nice points in features also. KATERYNA ARMENTA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I recently want to make a large thumbs up with the great information you’ve got here with this post. I will be coming back to your website for more soon. AMBITIOUS WE LIFE COACHING Program for Women

    ReplyDelete