gretchen malalad- karate black belter, beauty queen, and tv field reporter was my partner in the "he says, she says" portion of the JCI's metro area conference.
i was tasked to give a brief talk on love and relationships and expounded on the following points:
- opposites attract but repel each other in the long run.
- men are naturally polygamous, controlled only by religion and laws.
- love is not equivalent to faithfulness; your partner may truly love you and truly love others as well.
- it is better for your partner to "like" you than to "love" you.
- the qualities or traits which you don't like in your partner before marriage only worsen after marriage.
- if you don't want to be hated, stop nagging!
- the best predictor of future infidelity is your partner's track record of unfaithfulness.
- the fewer the expectations or demands on your partner, the lesser the conflict.
- if you've broken up twice, forget it, you're not meant for each other.
- if you are a martyr in a relationship, you definitely need professional help.
- if you suspect that your partner is playing around, it's most probably true.
- we usually fall in love with someone with the traits of our dad or mom to perpetuate their mistakes and dysfunctional patterns.
- it's useless to stop men from philandering if they're still enjoying it.
- choose to be happy, with or without a partner. the "you complete me" line is candy-coated crap.
.the talk sparked a lively and heated discussion between the men and women in the group which, just proves that men are really from mars and women? from venus!