Wednesday, December 12, 2012

... Levi's asks you: Have you done enough? ... (life coach, counselor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, osteopath, quezon city, manila, philippines)


i never considered the mall to be a place for philosophical rumination.  but as i passed by the Levi's outlet at SM North's The Block, my eye caught this poem written on their window:



Go on, read aloud:


When all is said and done,
Have you done or said enough?

Have you just gone along for the ride,
or have you steered destiny's hot rod?

When you leave this world,
Did you make it any better
than it was when you arrived?

All you need is all you've got:
Your wits and the clothes on your back.
Your epitaph is yours to earn;
Your legacy is yours to make.

Now is our time.
Go Forth.



amidst the ongoing pandemonium created by a midnight madness sale, this Levi's poem placed me in a contemplative mood, making me reflect on my earthly existence.  well, just because Levi's bared some "soul" through the poem on their window, i rewarded the shop by buying a shirt without a wee least bit of hesitation. hehe- here's what i got:



thanks Levi's!  because of your poem, here i am wearing another piece of clothing on my back as i go forth in making my legacy!  but seriously folks, i hope the simple poem makes you reflect on your own life as much as it's made me.