Saturday, January 1, 2011

... a new year's resolution ... (life coach,counselor, psychotherapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, philippines)

.

One of my resolutions for 2011 is to keep fit by playing tennis again. I practically spent my high school and college years on the tennis courts, competing in many club tournaments and actually winning a good number of them.

.

Over the years however, being the busy shrink that I am, I’ve played quite infrequently (mmm...ok, the truth is, rarely!). And although my playing form is still intact, the stamina and strength of my teenage years have considerably dissipated. This basically means that I’m huffing and puffing my lungs out once I’m past 45 minutes of playing.

.

And this is one reason why my nephew Gerard "Gedd" de Castro is heaven-sent. A physician from Maryland, Gedd practices tennis coaching on the side when he’s not busy with work. He gave me a pep-talk which inspired me to rush off to the tennis courts immediately. He was very gracious in giving me tips on how to play better.

.

And in exchange for coaching me on tennis, I returned the favour by being his life coach during the tennis breaks.

.

What a good way to start the year, isn't it? I hope you really do follow through with your own new year's resolutions for 2011!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment