because plainly speaking, alcohol is a toxin.
how can it harm you? let me count the ways:
- damage to the nervous system (impaired transmission of nerve impulses, Wernicke’s disease, Korsakoff’s syndrome)
- damage to the digestive system (gastritis, ulceration, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer, esophageal cancer, laryngeal cancer, colon cancer)
- damage to the cardiovascular system (hypertension, cardiomyopathy, increased risk of heart failure and stroke)
- damage to the reproductive system (erectile dysfunction, testicular shrinkage, descreased sperm production, loss of libido)
- damage to the endocrine system (diabetes)
whew! and to think that we haven't even discussed the mental, emotional, relational damage which alcohol can do!
gma's wish ko lang and life change recovery center (lcrc) granting mang melchor another lease on life. let's hope mang melchor maximizes the opportunities given to him.