Certainly, dogs are considered to be man’s BFF (best friends forever!). But when the friendship between man and dog turns romantic and/or sexual, you know that something has definitely gone wrong!
Just in 2006 alone, three marriages between humans and animals made headline news:
half-human half elephant
- For one, feelings of emotional closeness naturally develop between humans and domesticated animals and pets. The feelings of emotional closeness may get sexualized, making the person act out his sexual impulses. The animals may even get trained by their owners to perform sexual acts such as intercourse or oral sex.
- Secondly, there are a lot of videos on the internet portraying human-animal sex. Constant exposure to such videos numbs the viewers' sense of morality thereby making the viewer tolerant or open to such bestial acts.
- Thirdly, anything considered culturally taboo arouses some curiosity about it. We Pinoys jokingly say that “kung ano ang bawal, iyon ang masarap.” Thus, some deviant-minded people may actually be drawn to that which is culturally or morally unacceptable.
- Fourthly, bestial acts may be part of an initiation practice to some gangs, or may be a religious practice in some cults.
- Fifthly, some people who are geographically isolated from other human beings may engage in sex with animals out of convenience and availability.
- Sixthly, when religion strictly forbids guys from having premarital sex with women, the one option they have is to have sex with animals. Haven’t we heard stories of guys who “enter” unsuspecting camels from behind because their religion requires their females to be fully covered from head to toe.
- And lastly, human-animal sex may happen with a person who is out of touch with reality, whether it is due to drugs or a psychotic breakdown.
tikbalang: half-human half horse
sirena: half-human half fish
aswang: half-human half-bat
In Philippine Showbiz, Vice Ganda is fondly teased as being 25% male, 25% female, and 50% horse.
Here I am with the TV5 T3 Reload crew. They did a segment on zoophilia because of a recent viral video of a Pinoy guy having sex with a dog.