ms. kara david of gma news asked me to define what a "frenemy" is.
a "frenemy" in common usage is pejoratively construed as a "two-faced person," "fake buddy," or "plastik na tao."
"frenemy" can mean any of the following:
- a person who you have a love-hate relationship with,
- a true friend with whom you engage in some friendly competition,
- a backstabber who acts friendly towards you,
- a rival who you relate to in a friendly manner, or
- a person with whom you harbor ill feelings but relate to in a friendly manner.
kara david, my friend ... NOT frenemy!